The transfer window is entering its final, frantic stretch, and the departure lounge is filling up fast. Deadline Day looms on September 1, and across the Premier League, four attackers who once looked like long-term fixtures now find themselves closer to the exit door than ever before.
From a Brazilian winger removing his club from his Instagram bio to a Portuguese international with a nine-figure price tag on his head, the summer's final act is shaping up to be as dramatic as anything that's happened on the pitch.
Here's where things stand with the four biggest wingers on the move, and the elite strikers whose situations are shaking up the market around them
Savinho: From Snub to Spurs Switch:
Manchester City handed Savinho a new contract through 2031 not long ago, but game time has been anything but guaranteed since.
The 22-year-old Brazilian had fallen down Pep Guardiola's pecking order behind the likes of Rayan Cherki, and it showed; the winger had reportedly been pushing hard for a move to Tottenham Hotspur, even scrubbing City's name from his social media bio to fuel the speculation.
Talks between the two clubs have progressed quickly, with reports suggesting personal terms are already agreed and a package in the region of £60-65 million is enough to get a deal over the line.
Roberto De Zerbi has identified Savinho as a priority as he reshapes Spurs' attack, and with City reportedly exploring a move for Chelsea's Pedro Neto as a replacement, this domino could be one of the first to fall before deadline day.
Gakpo: Tottenham's On-Off Target:
Cody Gakpo's situation has been a genuine rollercoaster. Dutch outlets spent much of last week reporting that the Liverpool forward had reached an agreement in principle to join Tottenham for a fee north of £60 million, with the former PSV winger said to be Spurs’ second major raid on Anfield's squad this summer after already landing Andy Robertson.
But the picture has since clouded. With Liverpool's move for PSG duo Bradley Barcola and Mbaye stalling and Mohamed Salah already gone to Trabzonspor, sources now suggest Liverpool are reluctant to sanction a Gakpo exit unless reinforcements arrive first.
The 27-year-old has featured in pre-season under Arne Slot's successor, Andoni Iraola, and has looked sharp doing so, meaning this one could go right down to the wire.
Martinelli: Arsenal Ready to Cash In:
Gabriel Martinelli's Emirates Stadium career appears to be entering its final chapter. Mikel Arteta left the 25-year-old out of the squad entirely for the Community Shield clash with Manchester City, and Arsenal are now reportedly ready to sell for a fee in the region of €40 million.
AS Roma have emerged as strong suitors, while Galatasaray have also been credited with bids as high as €45 million earlier in the window.
Arsenal's stance appears to hinge on landing a replacement first, but with the Brazilian frozen out of matchday plans, a departure before deadline day looks increasingly likely.
Neto: Chelsea's Nine-Figure Gamble:
Few transfer sagas this summer have moved as fast as Pedro Neto's.
Chelsea signed the Portugal international for £54 million just two years ago, but a squad revamp, headlined by the arrivals of Morgan Rogers, Geovany Quenda and Danny Welbeck, has left him surplus to requirements under new boss Xabi Alonso.
Chelsea are now demanding close to £100 million to let him go, with Saudi Pro League giants Al-Hilal reportedly closing in on a deal.
Manchester City have also been credited with interest, with Enzo Maresca keen on a reunion with a player he previously coached at Stamford Bridge, but the price is said to be too high for the Manchester club.
Whichever direction Neto heads, Chelsea look set to bank a huge profit on a player who barely featured for large stretches of last season.
The Bigger Picture: Strikers on the Move Too:
The winger merry-go-round isn't happening in isolation. Romelu Lukaku has joined Turkish giants Fenerbahçe. Meanwhile, Rafael Leao has been strongly linked with Galatasaray, though nothing concrete has been signed off there just yet.
With Lukaku gone, Napoli have reportedly begun exploring a move for Gabriel Jesus as a possible replacement, a sign that this window's chain reactions are far from finished. Expect plenty more names to shuffle before the market slams shut on September 1.
🔗 Bet Now on MSport